- This event has passed.
Dealing with Couples in High Conflict
September 25 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm£168
Training event for mediators, legal professionals and other professionals working with parents or families in conflict.
A training day hosted by Simon Shattock – Independent Trainer and Family & Systemic Psychotherapist
The event will take place at The Danum Mercure Hotel, Doncaster on Wednesday 25th September 2019, 10am – 4pm.
£168 inc VAT
Book Your Place Here
Aims of the day
The training is designed to inspire professionals to help couples in conflict reintroduce stability.
During the day we will explore
• The latest research in the field of understanding personal interactions and other evidenced based methodologies to inform professionals negotiating their way through high conflict issues.
• Theories of family systems and ways in which conflict affects how couples interact and relate to each other.
• Using systems theory and ideas to intervene – with a focus on specific questioning styles and techniques.
• Mental health issues, how they affect people individually, children and couples, and the likelihood of conflict.
• How to intervene effectively when conflict arises – specific skills and approaches for professionals and clients.
• Techniques from Dialectical Behaviour Therapy [DBT] to help clients stop, think and reflect.
• Using ideas and concepts from Mentalisation based therapy.
The content of the day will bring together models from the systemic family therapy. This will provide a way of understanding how couples interact within their own system and the wider family system to help consider ways of thinking and intervening to support mediators, legal professionals and care professionals to reduce conflict and identify more effective patterns of interaction.
There will be a combination of lecturing, video material, role play and case studies.