An up to date view of the court’s approach to child arrangement orders and the influence of changes in society.
March 12 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm£84
Book Your Place Here
Family Matters will be joined by Bank House Chambers for this half day event.
For family mediators and legal professionals.
The event will provide an up to date view of the child arrangements order and how it can be framed to resolve a variety of issues
We will cover the following components.
• court expectations in private child cases
• changes in case law
• the kinds of orders being made
• myths and realities
• issues around residence, shared residence, relocation and removal from the jurisdiction [Polish cases]
• specific areas around;
— introducing new partners, timing and their role
— transportation, schooling, treating siblings differently
— extended time, school holidays and holiday time
— a brief update on parental alienation in the courts
— same sex couples
• how to balance the needs of the parent and the time children spend with each parent, with continuity
• the best information for self-represented parents when they’re on the other side of the parent with a barrister
• approach of the court with regards to agreed parenting plans and making them into an order
• an up date of the involvement of the voice of the child
• options in contact order enforcement
• the courts view of communications between parents
2pm – 5pm on Thursday 12th March 2020
£70 plus VAT [incl. refreshments].
3 CPD points / 3 SRA
The event will take place at The Danum Mercure – Doncaster